Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Signs

I don't believe that there are only 12 differents types of people in the world described by the astrological zodiac signs and neither do my people.  Instead, there are 12 animals (earthly signs)  in the vietnamese lunar calendar and 10 heavenly stems in a 60 year cycle.  So, there are at least 60 different types of people in the world :) 

We collect figurines of our earthly signs.  My mom is a monkey.  My dad is a tiger. Nghia is a rooster.  Lilly is a pig.  Gigi is a rat (we say mouse to be polite).  Woodie is a dog.  Cole is a snake.  Jonas is a ram.  I'm a cat.  Chis and Van are buffalos.  Fitzgerald will always be my puppy. 

Want to know your vietnamese sign?  click here


A dog. A cat. And two buffalos

5 comments:

  1. Ahhh...title explained. Excellent. I'm a tiger like your father; Carlos is a horse. My last Chinese placemat said we were meant for each other and I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok, so I'm a rat and Hayden is a horse!!! Love ya, Vickie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonya- tiger trumps horse

    Vickie- You're a mouse to us too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a goat. Also known as the animal associated with the devil. awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete